Thursday 18 March 2010

Beatnick a.k.a Nick Phillips


K-Salaam & Beatnick shot into the limelight fame in July 2008 with their remix album 'Whose World Is This?', remixing Buju Banton, Dead Prez and Talib Kweli to name but a few. The producers are Beatnick and K-Salaam, a.k.a. Nick Phillips and Kayvon Sarfehjooy of Minneapolis-St. Paul, now living and working out of the same Queens apartment.


"We didn't do a hip-hop-reggae album," says K-Salaam, reached by phone in New York. "We just worked with artists we like. That's why it comes off as original and natural."


They followed this up with 'Never Can Say Goodbye', remixing Motown classics:



Uptight (Beatnick & K-Salaam remix) - Stevie Wonder:


What's Going On (Beatnick & K-Salaam remix) - Marvin Gaye 

Let's Get It On (Beatnick & K-Salaam remix) - Marvin Gaye 



************************************************************************************

I am lucky enough to have got my grubby little mits on a Nick Phillips instrumental album. You'll do very well indeed to find this anywhere else on the internet...
so...

Wall-B EXCLUSIVE:
Beatnick instrumental album:













2 comments:

  1. Hey Walby. I'm Adam. I'm Joe's mate from NCL. I'm guessing you are his bro, but I could be mistaken. Was wondering if you have the instrumental version of Beatnick & K Salaam "Never Can Say Goodbye". I would really like the backing track to record a sax version of the track. my email is adam.neiljones@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks dude and nice blog man!! Respect ANJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a copy of the instrumental for that song as well. I am willing to purchase it (or the whole album as instrumental tracks.) I can't seem to find it anywhere... I will take it for free if you are willing to send it, but I can afford to pay and like paying artists for the work they do (as long as the price is reasonable). If you do know the artists and could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. My email address is songsmythe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete